38, rue de Berri
|Email:||contact [at] safester.net|
Safester includes Open Source software:
- Apache Commons.
- Apache HttpComponents / HttpClient.
- AceQL framework from KawanSoft.
- Bouncy Castle encryption library.
- Google Gson.
- Iharder.net FileDrop library.
We created Safester to tackle the issues usually seen with traditional email encryption solutions. When talking to users of encryption software (most often OpenPGP-based), the sticky points we found were :
- It’s difficult to use, especially when it comes to managing and exchanging public keys with contacts.
- It’s impossible to send an encrypted message to someone who doesn’t have the right software installed (and doesn’t want to pay for it).
- Your inbox ends up being a mix of sensitive/confidential emails and trivial ones.
- There is always the risk that missing an option or a setting will result in sending an important message unencrypted.
- Integrating encryption plug-ins with email client software like Outlook, Lotus or Thunderbird is usually difficult – let’s be honest, it’s a pain in the butt…
- And there is also the risk of losing files or private keys between computers.
So we decided to devise a solution which would make all those problems go away and set the following design principles:
- The software will work on all major Desktop and Mobile OS’s : Windows, macOs, Linux, Android and iOS.
- It will be simple to install and use, it will be comfortable and won’t require any training.
- The confidential messages must be kept separate from the usual email client so that there is no risk of mixing or sending non-encrypted communications.
- Users will be able to send messages to anyone who has a PC or a Mac but no encryption software – no prior arrangement required.
- Recipients must not have to pay to receive and decrypt a confidential message or attachment.
- Messages and keys are stored securely (strong encryption) in the cloud.
After two years of development, this solution now exists. It’s Safester. Enjoy!